Lord Jesus Christ's last commandment given to His disciples was to "love one another as I have loved you"

As a Christian born in the only Christian country in Southeast Asia, I came to a point of realization since 1988 when I was baptized in the Holy Spirit. It was then that I began questioning the relevance of the fraternity system and its culture, proven to be violent all these years, to the development of man in particular and the Filipino people in general. With a despicably awful track record of deaths due to hazing and fraternity wars, it is therefore important for men, especially my countrymen, to find time and reflect on the relevance of this brotherhood system especially in relation to their coexistence with other sectors of society and to their spirituality.

I dedicate this blog to the victims of all these mess all these years, to all the people especially the love ones of the victims affected by it and to all fratmen who honestly and sincerely desire for genuine change.

This is a challenge to all fratmen. If you so desire to be real men let's therefore face the real problem squarely and act to find the real remedy to it. And since the reasons behind all these conflicts is hatred, it is therefore right to start forgiving because after all most of us are Christians and because it is the right thing to do.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007

AMBASSADORS FOR PEACE

With the recent developments in the investigations to the death of Cris Mendez, those who are involved could be in deep trouble now. One may use all power, influence and connections to evade the law but one's conscience will always remain to haunt the guilty for the rest of his life.

Raymund E. Narag wrote:

I won’t let any fraternity member be locked up in jail again.

Immediately upon release from the walls of Quezon City Jail, I presented myself to the UP President and offered my services. “I may no longer be a student, what with seven years of my youthful life stashed away from me,” I said. “But I know what afflicts the fraternity system. Here I am, make use of my experience.” The UP President, long wanting to come up with an academic community free of campus violence, took me in. It was a partnership of an authority wanting to reach out and a victim wanting to make sense out of his demise.

I came up with the Ambassadors for Peace. This is a movement of fraternity members who had seen the worst thing that can happen to frat men and calls for non-violence in campus. It is based on the grassroots membership, relying on the personal relationship among frat men. It is with the belief that if the members personally knew each other, if we could be friends, then there is no reason for us to be hitting each other’s heads with lead pipes and baseball bats.

In closing he wrote:

But I will move on. For when I was released in jail, I owe my freedom to all my brods who were incarcerated and took my place. For when I was declared innocent, I earned the prayers of all the parents who are afraid that their sons will suffer the same fate. For when I became a freeman, God gave me a mission—a mission for peace.

As a frat man, I won’t buck down.

Raymund Espinosa Narag
September 15, 2002

Read the full text of Raymund E. Narag's PEACE MISSION


I echo his sentiments. He is my fraternity brother and my heart bleeds for the rest of the Brods, or any other fratman for that matter, who are still now in jail.


I look at the whole situation that fratmen of my country are going through right now. I have transcended beyond the tribal fraternity mindset of exclusivity and I look at all fratmen as lost sheep that Lord Jesus Christ hopes to lead.

It is hard to start the real genuine change especially when one does not know where to start. It is hard to change the system especially when individuals comprising that system will not change..morally and spiritually.

I know the answers for it is God the Father Almighty who gives the answers. And it is for men to humbly pray and ask for these answers.

Only God the Father Almighty could restore peace among men. Most of all, only He could offer that inner peace that will allow one to reach his final resting place and depart in peace.

No comments: